When it comes to grout cleaning, I am sure that a shiver of freight runs down your spine. In conventional cleaning methods, scrubbing with harsh chemicals causes hand and back pain. Today, I will ease that by sharing the easiest way to clean grout without scrubbing.
The best thing is that the tile grout cleaning materials I will talk about today are not harmful or toxic. Are you feeling very excited, right? Then let’s jump into it right away.
Equipment needed for cleaning grout without scrubbing
These spray bottles are made from eco-friendly HDPE material, making them ultra-durable and unbreakable. It has a secure output nozzle head with three modes: mist, stream, and close. Using these three modes will make your cleaning process seamless.
There is also a no-clog and no-leak mechanism integrated into the nozzle which makes it a long-term product. You get a two-year “No Questions Asked” money-back and a three-year product replacement guarantee.
Average Customer Review Score (Out of 5): 4.4
Things to like about it:
- No leak and no clog mechanism
- No-slip comfort grip
- Lightweight and easy to carry
Things that can be improved:
- Not completely transparent
Multipurpose distilled white vinegar is used for cooking to cleaning. This preservative-less vinegar comes in a durable bottle with a secure seal. Using this for grout cleaning will make your grouts sparkling clean.
Not only grouts. You can use it for all of your cleaning needs. Just add a small amount to the cleaning solution and see the magic. All of the dirt and marks will be gone.
Average Customer Review Score (Out of 5): 4.8
Things to like about it:
- Multipurpose use
Things that can be improved:
- Some people may not like the smell
Cleaning tile grout using vinegar and baking soda
When cleaning grouts, the vinegar and baking soda combo is quite dominant. This process is a self-working process. All you need to do is apply them properly and do a little bit of brushing. If you are successful in doing that, you will surely love the results.
So without any further ado, let us jump right into the process.
- Sprinkle some baking soda on the grouts with your fingers or a spoon.
- After that, make sure that no grout area is not covered by baking soda.
- Spray vinegar on the baking soda, which you have just now sprinkled.
- You will observe some effervescence (bubbles forming). This is the self-cleaning process that helps you avoid scrubbing.
- Now take a brush and give the grouts a good rub.
- Then use a wet cotton cloth to wipe off the dust and dirt.
And there you have your sparkling and dazzling grouts, shining like new.
How to clean shower tile grout
The grout dirt of the shower is a bit different than that of the entrance or kitchen. These are mostly water stains, along with colours from the other soaps and shampoos we use daily in the shower.
Hence the process of cleaning shower tile grout is also a bit different. You can make a DIY grout cleaner from the household cleaning agents and use that. Let us have a deeper look at the shower tile grout cleaning process. Also, do not forget to wear safety gloves during the process.
- Close all the windows and doors of the shower.
- Please turn on the hot shower and let it run until the bathroom becomes steamy.
- Take a bowl and add equal amounts of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
- Now turn off the hot shower.
- Take a brush and apply the prepared mixture to the grouts.
- Let it sit like that for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now take a moist towel and wipe the mixture off.
- Rinse the area with normal water and allow it to completely dry.
- Then check for any region which still has got dirt in it. If you find any, repeat the above steps until the entire area is spotless.
The easiest way to clean grout on floor tiles
Floor tiles can mean any floor tiles. This can be your entrance, your kitchen, or your living room. Such regions get dirty the fastest as we keep moving through those places.
So let’s see the easiest way to clean grout on floor tiles.
- Wear safety gloves.
- Add ½ cup of baking soda, ¼ cup of vinegar, ⅓ cup of lemon juice, and 2 cups of water.
- Mix it thoroughly to form a smooth paste.
- Now apply the paste over the grout of your floor tiles. You may use a toothbrush for the process.
- Let that stay like that for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now take a wet towel and wipe off the cleaning paste from the grout.
Your floor tiles should be sparkling clean by now. Repeat the process if you see any area that still needs more cleaning.
Easy ways to clean stubborn grout mould
Grout mould is easy to form but very difficult to get rid of. However, it is not impossible. For that, you only need sodium percarbonate. This is an alkaline substance that grout moulds cannot stand at all. Mould prefers an acidic environment.
Hence, alkaline powders such as sodium percarbonate are the perfect solution to remove these kinds of moulds. So let us have a look at the process.
- Wear safety gloves to prevent skin irritations.
- Take a mixing bowl and put 2 to 3 tablespoons of sodium percarbonate.
- Add an equal amount of lukewarm water. (Do not wait for a long time after mixing the water. This will make all the oxygen gas escape, which is essential for cleaning.)
- Take a brush and apply it to the grout lines.
- Gently rub it.
- Let it stay like that for around 20 minutes.
- Take a wet cloth and wipe the grout lines.
- Dry the grout lines by wiping them with a try towel.
- Repeat the process for any place which is still not completely clean.
Cleaning the grouts is a nightmare for many people. This is mainly because you have to drain all of your energy by scrubbing. Hence, I have shared with you some of the easiest ways to clean grout without scrubbing, which can be a lifesaver.
If you follow those detailed step-by-step processes, you can get sparkling clean grouts without scrubbing. The equipment needed is widespread and is found in almost every household. Hence, you can easily follow along and save yourself from the hectic and dreadful scrubbing.
You may like to read How to take apart a Bissell pro heat carpet cleaner